MotherTalkers

Where real moms tell it like it is.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

What is it with Principals??

Don't get me wrong. I think that the people who dedicate their lives to enriching the lives of our children are one step away from Sainthood. Especially, with how grossly underpaid teachers are. But I really am sick of hearing about these Principals who self-appoint themselves to do things that are wrong and clearly none of their business. First, I read about that Principal who suspended a student for speaking Spanish, and if you read my earlier post, you CLEARLY know how I feel about that!

Then I hear about this Principal, who happens to be in my neck of the woods; Garden Grove, California.

Apparantly, Charlene Nguon, a 17-year-old student, got "outed" to her mother by her Principal, for being affectionate with her girlfriend. Exactly what business is it of the Principal anyway?? I'm sure that if Charlene was affectionate with a "boyfriend" the call would have never been made.

Charlene Nguon is now suing the school district for violating her privacy. I say, GOOD FOR HER!! If I were her mother, I would be SO proud of my lesbian daughter!!!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, December 18, 2005 11:42:00 PM, Blogger Erika said...

good for her for standing up against homophobia. Of course it's accepted as a fact of life that horny teenagers will make out in the hallway without anyone batting an eye...but if two girls are holding hands or two boys are hugging, it's a federal case! what bullshit.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 9:47:00 AM, Blogger Elisa said...

I love this story, Gloria! I can tell you have older children -- look at you and your bad self reading Teen Magazine. :-)

I agree with you: It's utter bullshit that the principal -- with apparently a lot of time on his hands, called her mom. Good for Nguon for standing up for who she is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home