MotherTalkers

Where real moms tell it like it is.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Recipe for Sex

I've been casting around for something newsworthy to blog about, but these few days between Christmas and New Year's are like the Bermuda Triangle. People go missing. News goes missing. The days are surreal and sluggish, and my first day back at work seemed like trivial typing in a vast, empty office. So let's talk sex.

My hubby turned me on to a new site, www.literarymama.com. I puttered about the site a bit, checking out the goods. They have a section that features interviews with a variety of authors, many of whom I didn't recognize, but were interesting reads nonetheless. I saw Susie Bright on the menu and perked right up. What would a saucy sex advocate/educator/thinker have to say about stoking the libido after motherhood?

Her advice was gratifyingly rooted in reality:

Forget figuring out the "romantic" part. The part where your child is with someone else -- and you can do any fucking thing you want to do, including stare out the window like a tree frog -- that's the romantic part! You have to CALENDAR time for yourself even if you have no idea what you're going to do with it.

I think women need to realize that they would be much better moms if they were well-rested, sexually satisfied, and had some interests going outside their childrearing. To even have that INTENT is fabulous.

Sounds good to me! Especially staring out the window like a tree frog.

I know people want to hear about some gizmo that will fire them up, but there is nothing like a good night's sleep, a home cooked meal (made by someone else) and some creative free time to make you feel HORNY.

That's right, Daddy!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 6:55:00 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

Thanks for the link, Ame! The magazine I was telling you about -- that I am digging -- Brain, Child, is listed on that site. It's www.brainchildmag.com. I am a subscriber and will lend it to any of you ladies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home