World Against Toys Causing Harm, also known as W.A.T.C.H., issued its 10 Worst Toys list for 2005. Most of the toys on the list pose choking hazards or can cause serious face/eye injuries.
The ten most dangerous toys are:
1. Target's Baby Serena - Baby I'm Yours doll, for potential choking hazards.
2. Fisher Price's Little Mommy Bath Baby Doll, made by Mattel, for potential choking hazards.
3. Animal Alley Ponies, distributed by Toys R Us, for possible ingestion injuries.
4. City Blocks, distributed by IQ Preschool - Small World Toys, for ingestion and choking injuries
5. The Camouflage Water Bomb Fun Kit from Pioneer Worldwide, could cause eye injuries.
6. The Splatmatic Pistol Splat Paintball Shooter, also made the list because of its potential for eye, face and other impact injuries.
7. Hasbro's Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith Energy Beam Blaster, for potential eye, face and other impact injuries.
8. The Lord of the Rings - Return of the King Uruk-Hai Crossbow set, for it's potential to cause eye injuries.
9. Geospace International's 38" Air Kicks Kickaroos Anti-Gravity Boots, which fit over shoes and help children bounce around, also made the list. for potential head or other impact injuries.
10. Toy Biz's Fantastic 4 Electronic Thing Hands -- a pair of oversized fists -- made the list because it could cause blunt impact injuries.
So plan for your Christmas gifts accordingly...